Summer Camp 2015Edit
FSMK's organizational goals Edit
- Reach out to more colleges
- Strengthen existing FSMK GLUGs and higher units
- Build committed free software evangelists/activists
- Transform from quantity to quality
- Prepare potential delegates for All India Conference
- Build strong leaders among the community
Camp Slogan Edit
- Striving towards the highest form of quality - Humanity!
- Hacking together a new society
- Tentative Date : July
- Targeted audience : Engineering students; hardware track 30; each software track 50;
- Duration : 7 Days
- Three parallel tracks - one for hardware and two for software
- Mode of camp : Residential
- Tentative Venue : DSCE
Technologies to focus Edit
- Free Software Stream: mobile apps and networking
- Free Hardware Theme-Topics will be discussed
- Mode of registration : Both online and offline.
- Preference for second year students.
- Strictly 50% or more participation for girl students.
- GLUG wise quota can be decided post discussion
- Concessions will be provided for students from economically backward background based on commitment to GLUG activities
- Need to register in advance
- Preference for students who are good at technologies and with prior experience of attending any FSMK camp
- Need to participate in pre-camp training
Execution Plan Edit
- GLUGs to conduct introductory sessions for all newbies. This would include installation, GNU/Linux tools, basic operations, etc
- Series of workshops / talks to be conducted across colleges part of camp promotion in the month of April, May , June prior to the registration open
- Online campaign-new website , new facebook page, hashtag #FSMKSC15
- Membership drive should be simultaneously completed. Target should be around 5000 members
- Sponsorship based on guidelines decided for last summer camp
- investment on hardware
- intense training for volunteers
- focus on technology?
- list of components need to be made based on projects
- either participants can purchase components or fsmk can purchase in bulk. Students need to indicate in advance
- at least 10 volunteers are needed
Number of days of campEdit
- Reduce syllabus, increase number of days
- productive volunteers needed for all days
- rotation of volunteers could be done
- pre-camp training should be made compulsory for GLUGs
- volunteers pay fees which can be refunded if they attend all days?
- GLUGs to provide dedicated volunteers
- consensus is at 7 days camp with 4 days syllabus, breathing space during the camp and 1 day for leadership workshop
- Stalls for startups
- theme: net neutrality
- Sponsorship: Vikram and Jaykumar
- Registration: Rakesh, Shijil and vikram
- Volunteers: Rakesh and Shijil
- Reach out activities:
- In-camp activities
- Content and pedagogy: Sarath, Shashank and Vikram
- Technical: Sarath, Shashank and Vignesh
- hardware training: Hackie Verma and Abhishek
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.